~ doa kami ~

ya Allah..Kau permudahkanlah segala urusan kami..Murahkanlah rezeki kami..Kurniakanlah kami zuriat yang soleh dan solehah..Berkatilah rumahtangga kami..Tenangkanlah hidup kami..Bahagiakanlah kami hingga nafas terakhir kami..
Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin..

Our Baby

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
MR. RIGHT...let him remain mystery...

MRS. RIGHT...the writer for this blog...

Mahligai Cinta Kami

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

..OUR ANNIVERSARY..

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

..THANKS FOR YOUR PROPOSED..

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
MySpace

my lovely diploma..! !

Daisypath Graduation tickers
Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Sunday, March 21, 2010

REFLECTION ON BLOG (ENTRY 8)

For this week, we have completed our presentation. So many new things that we have learned and we still need to think critically on the most interesting subject, Critical Literacy. Without further due, let’s we go through my reflection on bloG...



(PRESENTER: NUR AMIRAH AND NURLIYANA)
Based on the topic of Crooked and Fallacious Thinking, the thing that I found its very interesting is about how we create crooked and fallacious thinking. There are several forms of fallacious and crooked thinking which is consists of “transfer device”, “circular argument”, “false analogy”, “equivocation”, and “either-or assumption”. First of all is about transfer device. As I can understand, by this device, a crooked thinker transfers the ‘prestige’ of something of which we approve or even respect to something which someone wants us to accept. However, in other words, conversely someone may carry over the ‘notoriety’ of something we dislike to something which they want us to reject. For the second form of fallacious and crooked thinking is by circular argument. As I can know, a crooked thinker may give the impression that he or she are saying something that really meaningful and logic but in fact, it is not true. What I can say about false analogy is, it used to support an argument in fact proves nothing. Last but not least, equivocation means that uses of words maybe infallible and ambiguous, while either-or assumption means that a crooked thinker assumes that there is no middle ground between two extremes. So, as for me, based on this interesting topic, I found that there is quite complicated but easy to understand after the presenters gave us some examples. In a nutshell, I think I do not have any concepts that I cannot understand in this topic.



(PRESENTER: ZULFAQAR AND NAZIHAH, continued by FARAH NURHUSNA AND NUR A’FIFAH)
Based on the topic of Basic Logical Concepts,I found that some basic logical concepts needed to distinguish good arguments from bad ones. The most interesting thing that I found is about deductive and inductive arguments. As I can say here, in a deductive argument, the conclusion is claimed to follow necessarily from the premises. In an inductive argument, the conclusion is claimed to follow only probably from the premises. How can we tell whether an argument is deductive or inductive?? Actually, to tell whether an argument is deductive or inductive, we can use the indicator word test, the strict necessity test, the common pattern test, and the principle of charity test. However, based on this topic, I also can know about five common patterns of deductive reasoning. There are consists of hypothetical syllogism, categorical syllogism, argument by elimination, argument based on mathematics, and last but not least, argument from definition. In a nutshell, thank God because I can easily understand with the concepts that introduced in this topic after I read more than 3 times.



So, I think that’s all from me...see you again in the next entry…:-)

No comments:

..pesanan buat my MR.RIGHT..

Mr. & Mrs. Right's Diary
Back to Top