~ doa kami ~

ya Allah..Kau permudahkanlah segala urusan kami..Murahkanlah rezeki kami..Kurniakanlah kami zuriat yang soleh dan solehah..Berkatilah rumahtangga kami..Tenangkanlah hidup kami..Bahagiakanlah kami hingga nafas terakhir kami..
Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin..

Our Baby

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
MR. RIGHT...let him remain mystery...

MRS. RIGHT...the writer for this blog...

Mahligai Cinta Kami

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

..OUR ANNIVERSARY..

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

..THANKS FOR YOUR PROPOSED..

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
MySpace

my lovely diploma..! !

Daisypath Graduation tickers
Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Sunday, March 14, 2010

REFLECTION ON BLOG (ENTRY 7.1)

For this week, we have learned so many things. Without further delay, let’s we go through my entry…



(PRESENTER: NADIAH AND ELEENA)
Based on the topic of Emotive Language: Slanting the Truth, the information that I find interesting is about connotation and denotation. First of all is denotation. As I can understand, denotation is the part of the meaning of a word or expression which refers to something in a real of possible world. For example, the denotation of “table” is a real of imaginary table. For the second is connotation. It means that a meaning or connection which is implied for a person or group of people. For instance, the word of “junggo” means that “bongok”. Usually, connotation is comes from many sources including people’s experiences, the use of the word in the culture, the way the word is used as a symbol or metaphor in various religions, and even from the word’s sound.



The concepts that I think really difficult to understand in this unit are the words and phrase that carefully chosen for intended impact on the reader beyond literal meaning. There are consists of, “dedicated faculty”, “close relationship”, “a sense of family”, “the relatively small classes”, well above the national average”, “innovative”. As for me, I have some difficulties in understanding them because it is complicated more than others.




(PRESENTER: ATIKAH HANI AND RASINAH)
Based on Reading 3.3(Linguistic Approach), as I found interesting is about Wignell’s approach. His approach is to develop the linguistic tools readers need to enable them to recognize certain global or key elements of a text. However, these elements have technical names such as “genre”, “field”, “tenor”, “mode”, and “ideology”. Other than that, Wignell’s aim is to discover elements of the language so as to ‘dig out’ the ideology that exists, as it were, behind the text. The other interesting element that I found it very interesting is Wignell’s texts are passages from school textbooks used by students doing junior secondary commerce courses. So, at the same, it’s really easy to understand by us. However, there are no any concepts or terminology that I found difficult to understand.






(PRESENTER: FIRDAUS AND SYAFIQ)
Based on Reading 3.4(Speech and Speakers: the formation of individuals in discourse and genre), there is some attractive information that I found. For example, Kress starts stating that “Our experience of language is the experience of texts”. As for me, he means that our ability to understand language reflects how texts have shaped us as people. It is including our understandings of who we are, and our attitudes to others and the world. Other than that, Kress argues that Cleo uses the combination of sexist and feminist discourse to “position” readers as buyers of the magazine is also the information that I think very interesting in this unit. Besides, he explains that texts position readers by persuading them that it is natural to agree with the views expressed in the text. However, when I read the texts that stated in this unit, I found that I have some difficulties in order to understand it because I need to read it so many times.






(PRESENTER: DZAKWAN AND ZAKWAN)
Based on Reading 4.3 (What is The Evidence?), actually it is concerned with the issue of evidence. So, as for me, this reading make me understand on what is the meaning of the evidence. It is because, this unit is provided some example, so I can understand it easily. For example, this reading is provided some example such as, famous case of the kidnapping of the infant son of Charles Lindabergh. Based on this case, the writer examines the evidence, wholly circumstantial, that led to the conviction and execution of Bruno Hauptmann.


Besides that, what is more important of the evidence? The first point is the 1 case uses circumstantial evidence while the 2 cases used testimonial evidence that involve eyewitness. For the second point, quantity and quality of the evidence and last but not least is fallibilities of witnesses, dishonest, witnesses, imperfect observers, and strength of money. So, above all, we must be critical-minded, and never forget to ask the question: “What is the evidence?”.






(PRESENTER: FARAH MUKHLISA AND HANANI)
Based on Reading 4.4 (Statistics), what I can find the interesting information in this reading is concerning with the use and misuse of statistics and is intended to caution readers into a more informed response to texts that link with facts and figures. Firstly, it starts by defining terms of statistics and mentioning a number of domains where statistics are widely used. Besides that, it goes on to name and describe four common “statistical slips” that can be made by people. There are consists of “Unqualified averages”, “Fallacious sampling”, “Percentages unaccompanied by actual members”, and “Misleading presentation”. But, I think there are also some terms that make me feels some difficulties in order to understand them such as mode, median and mean. It is because, I should remember back what I have learned in Mathematics. However, lastly I can understand it after I referred on one of the Diploma in Accounting students….:-)


So, in a nutshell, I think that’s all from me. I am sorry for the length of the contents of this entry. It happened because, we have really learned so many things on this week….Thank you Miss Wanie..:-)

No comments:

..pesanan buat my MR.RIGHT..

Mr. & Mrs. Right's Diary
Back to Top